The ultimate guide to hiring a wedding photographer in Greece
If you are planning to get married in Greece, one of the most important decisions you will have to make is choosing your wedding photographer. Your wedding photos will be the lasting memories of your special day, so you want to make sure you hire a professional who can capture the beauty, the emotions and the magic of your wedding in Greece.
But how do you find the right wedding photographer for your needs? What should you look for when comparing different photographers and their portfolios? How much should you expect to pay for a wedding photography package in Greece? And what are some of the best locations and venues for wedding photography in Greece?
In this blog post, we will answer all these questions and more, to help you find the ultimate wedding photographer for your dream wedding in Greece.
What to look for when choosing a wedding photographer in Greece
There are many factors to consider when choosing a wedding photographer in Greece, but here are some of the most important ones:
- Style: Every wedding photographer has their own style and approach to wedding photography. Some are more traditional and formal, while others are more creative and candid. Some specialize in documentary or photojournalistic style, while others focus on artistic or editorial style. Some use natural light, while others use flash or artificial lighting. You should browse through different photographers’ portfolios and see which style resonates with you and matches your vision for your wedding photos.
- Experience: Wedding photography is not an easy job. It requires technical skills, artistic vision, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work under pressure and adapt to different situations. You want to hire a wedding photographer who has enough experience and expertise to handle any challenges that may arise on your wedding day, such as bad weather, low light, tight schedule, or unexpected guests. You should ask your potential photographers how long they have been doing wedding photography, how many weddings they have shot in Greece, and what kind of challenges they have faced and overcome.
- Personality: Your wedding photographer will be with you for most of your wedding day, so you want to make sure you get along well with them and feel comfortable around them. You want a wedding photographer who is friendly, professional, respectful, and attentive to your needs and preferences. You want a wedding photographer who can make you laugh, relax, and enjoy your day, while also being discreet and unobtrusive when needed. You should meet your potential photographers in person or via video call before booking them, and see if you have a good rapport and chemistry with them.
- Reviews: One of the best ways to find out about the quality and reliability of a wedding photographer is to read reviews from their previous clients. You can find reviews on their website and social media pages. You should look for reviews that are detailed, honest, and recent, and that mention both the positive and negative aspects of working with the photographer. You should also pay attention to how the photographer responds to feedback and criticism, and how they handle complaints or issues.
- Price: Wedding photography is an investment that will pay off for years to come, but it is also a significant expense that you need to budget for. Wedding photography prices vary depending on many factors, such as the location, the duration, the number of photos, the editing process, the delivery method, and the extras included. You should ask your potential photographers for a detailed quote that breaks down all the costs and services included in their package. You should also ask about their payment terms, cancellation policy, and insurance coverage.
How much does a wedding photographer cost in Greece
The cost of hiring a wedding photographer in Greece depends on many factors, such as:
- The number of hours of coverage you need
- The number of photographers you want
- The type and quality of equipment they use
- The number and size of prints or albums you want
- The level of editing and retouching they offer
- The travel expenses they incur
According to WeddingWire, the average cost of hiring a wedding photographer in Greece ranges from €1,000 to €3,000. However, this is just an estimate and the actual price may vary depending on the specific details of your wedding.
To get an accurate quote from a wedding photographer in Greece, you should contact them directly and discuss your needs and expectations. You should also ask them about their payment terms and conditions, such as:
- How much deposit do they require and when is it due?
- When is the final payment due and what methods of payment do they accept?
- What is their cancellation policy and what are the penalties for canceling or rescheduling?
- What is included and what is not included in their package?
- Do they offer any discounts or special offers?
Some tips to save money on your wedding photography in Greece are:
- Book early: Many wedding photographers offer discounts or incentives for booking early, especially during the peak wedding season (May to October) in Greece. Booking early also gives you more options and availability to choose from, and more time to plan and prepare for your wedding photography.
- Negotiate: Don’t be afraid to negotiate with your wedding photographer and ask for a better deal or a lower price. You can also ask for a discount if you pay in full or in cash, or if you book multiple services from the same photographer (such as engagement photos, trash the dress photos, or videography).
- Be flexible: If you are flexible with your wedding date, time, or location, you may be able to get a lower price from your wedding photographer. For example, you may get a cheaper rate if you get married on a weekday, in the morning, or in the off-season (November to April) in Greece. You may also get a better deal if you choose a less popular or more accessible location for your wedding photography.
- Simplify: Another way to save money on your wedding photography is to simplify your package and only pay for what you really need or want. For example, you may not need a second shooter, a photo album, or a photo booth if you have a small or intimate wedding. You may also not need a full-day coverage if you have a short or simple ceremony and reception. You can also opt for digital delivery instead of physical prints or USB drives.
What are some of the best locations and venues for wedding photography in Greece?
Greece is one of the most beautiful and romantic destinations for weddings and elopements in the world. It offers stunning scenery, rich culture, delicious cuisine, and warm hospitality. There are countless locations and venues for wedding photography in Greece, but here are some of the most popular and iconic ones:
- Santorini: Santorini is the most famous and photographed island in Greece, and for good reason. It boasts breathtaking views of the caldera, the volcano, and the Aegean Sea, as well as charming whitewashed houses, blue-domed churches, and colorful flowers. Santorini is perfect for couples who want a dramatic and elegant backdrop for their wedding photos.
- Mykonos: Mykonos is another popular and glamorous island in Greece, known for its cosmopolitan vibe, lively nightlife, and sandy beaches. Mykonos is ideal for couples who want a fun and festive atmosphere for their wedding photos.
- Crete: Crete is the largest and most diverse island in Greece, offering a variety of landscapes, cultures, and experiences. Crete is great for couples who want to explore different aspects of Greece’s history, nature, and gastronomy for their wedding photos.
- Athens: Athens is the capital and the cultural heart of Greece, where ancient meets modern. Athens is wonderful for couples who want to immerse themselves in Greece’s heritage, art, and urban life for their wedding photos.
- Meteora: Meteora is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features spectacular rock formations and monasteries perched on top of them. Meteora is amazing for couples who want a unique and mystical setting for their wedding photos.
Why choose Panagiotis Patsiotis as your wedding photographer in Greece?
If you are looking for a professional, experienced, and talented wedding photographer in Greece, look no further than Panagiotis Patsiotis . Panagiotis Patsiotis is a passionate and creative wedding photographer who specializes in destination weddings and elopements in Greece.
Panagiotis Patsiotis has a unique style that combines documentary, artistic, and cinematic elements. He captures real moments with emotion, beauty, and storytelling. He uses natural light and minimal editing to create timeless images that reflect your personality and your love story. He also uses drones to capture stunning aerial shots that showcase the magnificent scenery of Greece.
Panagiotis Patsiotis offers various wedding photography packages that suit different needs and budgets. He also offers customized packages that include extras such as engagement photos, trash the dress photos, videography, photo albums, prints, etc. He delivers high-quality images in digital format via an online gallery within 30-60 days after your wedding . He also provides physical delivery options such as USB drives or DVDs.
Panagiotis Patsiotis is more than just a wedding photographer. He is also a friend, a guide, and an advisor who will help you plan and prepare for your wedding photography in Greece. He will assist you with choosing the best locations, selecting the most flattering outfits, and creating a comfortable and fun atmosphere for your photo shoot.
Panagiotis Patsiotis Photography also offers a range of additional services, such as:
- Engagement sessions
- Pre-wedding sessions
- Next-day sessions
- Trash-the-dress sessions
- Wedding albums and prints
- Wedding slideshows and videos
If you are looking for a wedding photographer in Greece who can capture your wedding in the most beautiful and memorable way possible, look no further than Panagiotis Patsiotis Photography. You can visit Wedding Photography Packages to see some of his wedding photography packages and you are free to contact him and tailor them to your needs.